Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy Weather

What's happening with the weather seems to be paralleling my schedule! As things are getting crazier and crazier with Metamorphoses and OADN prep for ICCAs, New Jersey has shown us the beauty of 64 degrees and now winds up to 50 miles an hour. It's enough to make a girl want to stay inside and drink tea... which, when not at rehearsal and doing various other activities, I've been indulging in.

Classes are going well, I'm really enjoying them this year. I've caught the art history bug and found a new favorite artist (Jan Van Eych!) while discussing symbology, color use, and other elements in class. Pan-Af Choir is one of the best choices I made. Mark, who runs the group, is really incredible. He's affiliated with the music department at Yale and drives down every Tuesday and Thursday to give us an hour of incredible music. He arranged most of it himself and has an incredible smile and laugh. It's a whole lot of fun. The only complaint that I have is that I look around and think "I only have two more years here? That's not enough!" I want to learn so much, and take classes on everything possible... if only there were more hours in the day.

Metamorphoses goes up in two weeks, and I'm shocked that things have happened so quickly. We just moved into the Kirby and I feel like we have so little time to get things done. Our schedules have been pressed to fit our needs: Friday rehearsal, 8:00 PM- 12:00 AM, Saturday morning, 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM, Sunday 2:00-6:00. It's truly exhausting running around, trying to get the blocking we did in our other rehearsal space to fit our peformance space tonight. I'm confident things will all come together, but it's tiring to think of all the time in between now and when that will happen.

So now you know why I rarely update this! I hope everyone's doing well and that you have a happy and fun weekend.

-- Christina

2 comments:

GJK said...

I can relate to wishing to take every class possible. I would go to college for the rest of my life if I could! Enjoy your next two and a half years! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Issy! I miss you soooo much!! Thanks for the shoe box for my project! I can't wait to see you in your show! I know you have worked really hard and had gone through bumps[if you know what I mean!]Hahah! I know you will be great! I love you soo much! I could talk all day long but my computer will lose battery! Hahah. Love you sooo much! Talk to you soon!