Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Winding Down

Hi everyone!
Things are winding down here at school, but I wanted to give you an almost-end-of-the-year catch up. Few things are going on:
- I'm going to a gala in Brooklyn tonight with my friend Maddy. It's for St. Anne's Warehouse, a really wonderful theatre company. They're having a reception at a beautiful clocktower overlooking Manhattan and we're also going to the composer Philip Glass perform. (The event is hosted by the NPR broadcaster, Ira Glass, hence the name, Glass on Glass.) I'm really excited to enjoy a trip off campus mid-week!
- I had my pre-departure meeting for London. We found out some details: the semester runs from September 3 to December 11, and I'll be living in Kilburn Park. The university set up some really lovely flats for us; I'll be in a triple with an enormous bathroom and a claw-foot bathrub... talk about living the good life! Our program director is wonderful; he's an English professor here and is really fun in addition to being knowledgable about London. Instead of taking us on daytrips like the program director did last year, he's looking to take us to Scotland for a weekend. I'll keep you posted as I find out more details!
- This weekend is a pretty hectic one here at school. I'm performing my first solo with OADN ("The Chain" by Ingrid Michaelson) at our big annual picnic Friday. Saturday night is DUDS Ball - think a fun themed party for the entire theatre department, professors included. Monday is End of Classes Jam, the last a cappella concert of the semester. It's going to be a teary one, since I'm close with so many of the seniors. But our tears will be short-lived, since Tuesday we're doing an all girls lunch at Chili's for my birthday and then going to my friend Jill's house to relax in her hot tub. Not a bad way to spend a 20th birthday!
- OADN's newest CD, Solo Chords, will be here on Friday! I'm really excited to get them to the people who have requested them in the past. If you're interested in buying one, let me know! I'll even sign it as a bonus ;)

That's all from campus now! I'll try to update at least one more time before graduation on May 16th. I'll be home for the summer at that point, and cannot wait to see all of you.

-- Christina

No comments: