Thursday, September 18, 2008

Busy-ness isn't just for bees...

Hey everyone!
It seems like ages since I've posted on here. Things have been kicking up so much recently! Last weekend I sang at Kristen and Dom's wedding. My quadmate, Morgan, was heading back home to Maryland for a family event, so she drove me up and back since I was on her way. The wedding was beautiful! Everyone looked stunning (as if we expected anything less) and we definitely danced the night away and had a lot of fun.

The first show that I'm costuming, Bridal Terrorism, opens in 13 days! I'm constantly needing to mend something, replace buttons, steam the gown, buy engagement rings... the chaos is kicking into high gear. Later tonight I'll be experimenting with the girls' hair and makeup, which I am also designing. I will also be constructing a wedding veil for the bride and making some bouquets. I'll be sure to post some pictures of my actors once we get into dress rehearsals!

The second show that I'm designing for isn't until the second weekend in November, but I already have deadlines quickly approaching. The show is about girls who self-injure and communicate over the internet, so it's a complete departure from the fun and fluff of a guerrilla wedding! I'm up for the new challenge, and hope that the experience can be as enjoyable as it was with Bridal Terrorism.

I've been lucky enough to enjoy free transit week with NJ Transit this week! Last night I met Colleen in New York City for dinner, which was a really nice mid-week treat. Saturday night I also plan on going into the city, and Sunday the Bridal Terrorism cast and crew is going to Central Park, where the play is set. This weather is just beautiful and I'm so thrilled to me enjoying it :)
I've also been hired at the coffeehouse here on campus, The Other End, (affectionately called TOE). I'm the bookkeeping manager, so I get to keep tabs on all the money in addition to making espresso and Chai Lattes. I'll most likely be working the late Sunday shift, as well as squeezing in some hours of baking once things calm down.

On top of all of this, I have some really exciting news to share: after auditioning last week, I was selected to be part of the all-female a capella group, On a Different Note (or OADN for short). They're an amazing group of girls who are so talented and I'm really lucky to be counted amoung them. There are 12 of us in all, and we'll be touring various college campuses in California this spring break. Talk about a sweet deal: singing with 11 great friends in sunny California? I'm so excited. We'll also be prepping for the ICCAs, the International Championships for Collegiate A Capella. I'll be sure to let you know when those dates are coming up, right now we're concentrating on formulating our audition video.

So I'd say "that's all," but that'd be such an understatement! I'm so sorry I'm not able to communicate with you all individually, but as you can see, I've got a ton going on. You can email me any time you'd like at ckosyla@drew.edu or just leave a comment here. Thanks so much for your support and love, I couldn't be handling all this without it!

-- Christina

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Christina,

I'm exhausted just reading about all you have going on! Keep up the hard work - it always pays off.
Looking forward to seeing Bridal Terrorism. Love and miss you!
Mom
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I know you'll do awesomee in all the projectsyou are doing. I can't wait to see Bridal Terrsrisom this Saturday. I know yuo put lots of effort into it! I lovee and misss you lottss!

jaimebee said...

you are just way, way too cute.