Hi everyone!
After an awesome five-show run, Bridal Terrorism is finally done. It seems like a pretty momentous end, in a way, since I've been researching the costumes since May. It was definitely a challenge - in addition to designing props and costumes, I also constructed some props, did hair for the bride, and specialty age make-up for two members of the party. "Costume designer" definitely became an umbrella term to cover lots of other visual elements. I spent tons of time backstage with the cast, and since they were a lot of fun, I didn't mind. There were a few restrictions we had to make though -- our constant Sarah Palin accents started to slip into some lines in the show, so it was banned indefinitely. Oh, what to do with those theater kids...
I took some great photos for my portfolio that will be posted shortly. (Right now I'm on a library computer between meetings so I don't have access to them) The show truly turned out more beautiful than I could have expected, and at Sunday morning's strike I had to bid a fond farewell to the wedding dress I spent so much time hunting for over the summer. Elyse, my actress who played the bride, joked that she loved the dress so much I shouldn't be surprised if I see it suspiciously missing from stock wardrobe in a couple weeks for her own future wedding. Definitely a rewarding experience and one I'm really proud of.
This week marks another fun event for me, Reading Days! Drew offers Reading Days, two days with no scheduled classes, the week before mid-terms. That means I don't have classes this Thursday or Friday, so I'm free to enjoy a long weekend. Colleen will actually be visiting, which I'm really excited about. Morgan, my quadmate, and I are going to pick her up from Montclair State (where she goes) Friday morning. It's strange as a college student to have two "groups" of friends that are both so close to you and never really get to meet. I'm excited for the chance to have my closest friends finally meet each other.
So what else is on my plate? Auditions for the Cabaret are tomorrow night (ironically on the same day as Jenna's middle school auditions -- break a leg Jenna!) and I'm still helping manage the coffeehouse on campus. Smoke Jumping, my second costume design project this year, will be opening in a month, so I'm well underway with renderings and production meetings for that. Midterms are looming and I'm awaiting the arrival of Jamnation, OADN's a capella concert, in November. One project done, a million more still to take care of.
I hope you all are enjoying the change of seasons-- I'm already enjoying the sweatshirt and scarf weather myself. Hope to talk to you all soon, miss you all!
-- Christina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment