Sunday, October 26, 2008

Falling Leaves and Rising Piles of Work



That picture explains exactly why I love our campus this time of year. The trees are showing off all of their colors and I'm going out of my way to step on crunchy leaves. The only complaint I have is that October seemed to rush by, I barely had time to enjoy my favorite month before the last week has arrived. Friday is Halloween and I'm really excited for my costume. Morgan and I went to Party City where she decided to be a pirate and I bought wings to be a ladybug! I'm not sure how I'll be celebrating, but there was talk of dorm room trick or treating. Hopefully that will work out, I miss the pounds of candy I used to collect!

I'm keeping busy with costuming for Smoke Jumping, and this week starts rehearsals for this year's DUDS Cabaret. My design class has also been kicking my butt - my professor asked me to change my set completely, so all of my work has to be re-done. I'm counting on taking time tomorrow to work on that, since Mondays I only have class from 3:30 - 5:30. My midterm for Theatre History went well, I got a 91 on both essays, which means that I have an A for all my written work so far. Hopefully I can continue this trend and take another trip to Tiffany's to treat myself in May :)

With fall also comes the registration for spring classes. I'll hopefully be taking Intro to Astronomy: The Solar System, Women in Theatre, Theatre History II, and Western Art II: Pre Modern and Modern. If Women in Theatre doesn't work out (there was a problem with the listed times) I'll hopefully register for Intro to Buddhism. And if the mood strikes me, I just might fit in some more credits... I'll keep you posted.

OADN was lucky enough to shoot our calendar shots yesterday. My location was inside McCools, the local ice cream shop, where they had me happily sipping a vanilla milkshake and posing for the camera. I'll let you know when they go on sale, we should be wrapping the project up within the next week or so! In two weeks we'll be hosting Jamnation, our a capella concert for the academic year. The MIT Logarithyms and the GW Terps are our two guest groups, and from what I've heard from their websites, they're extremely talented.I'm looking forward to performing at a big concert with OADN for the first time :)

A big congratulations is in order to Jenna, who made the six grade cast for VMS' production of Into the Woods! I'm not at all surprised she made it, and can't wait to see it in March.

Hope all is well with you, and I'll update again soon!

No comments: