Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Arrives, then Swiftly Leaves...





The promised Bridal Terrorism photos!

Hi!

Like the pun in the title?
It's definitely showing signs of fall around the Drew University Campus, although you'd miss it if you had your eyes clothes. After our rush of cold air the past two weeks, it's suddenly gotten a lot warmer. As I'm writing this, I'm in a tank top and jeans, enjoying the comfortable 72 degree weather. It's so bizarre to see crisp red, yellow, and orange leaves on the ground without the chill in the air! It should be cooler by the end of this week, which will be nice. Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of year. The leaves should kick into high gear later this week, I'll post some pictures to show off our beautiful campus :)

School has been busy recently. We had reading days last week and I had a great time with Colleen. I only had one midterm yesterday for Theater History I and I thought it was really simple. There were two essay questions and twenty fill-ins, and I felt comfortable with all the questions. I'm having a really difficult time in my Theater Design class though, it requires all the skills I lack: mathematical sense, a penchant for numbers, and lots of money (the supplies are extremely expensive, our drafting paper runs $12 a roll). Right now we're working on ground plans, vertical sections, and elevations for a set we designed. I'm doing my best, but it's really tough; I've been up until 3 AM the past few nights struggling to work on my vertical section. I need caffeinated tea and a whole lot of help to get out of bed! Tonight is a majors meeting in which I'll pre-register for my classes next semester; I can't believe it's time to start thinking about that already. I'm most likely going to end up in Theater History II and Playwrighting, although it depends how my other classes fit into my schedule. (I'm dying to take Astronomy: Galexies and Planets. We have an observatory on campus and it sounds like a blast.)

In better news, my program opens at the Coffeehouse this weekend. I came up with the idea to do a "Kindergarten Weekend." That means we'll be making macaroni art, popsicle stick frames, and watching Disney movies during all our shifts. I'm super excited, I'm providing supplies for construction paper cards on my shift and hoping to show Hercules on the TV.

I hope everything is well with you, whether you're in New Jersey, China, or Foggy London town :) Miss you all, hope everything is well!

1 comment:

GJK said...

Beautiful dresses, Christina! I would hate the set design class, too. But then, I would also hate costume design. I'm very limited . .

Did you notice that I have a blog now, too? :)

Gwen