So last week the cast list went up, and I am really excited to say that I was cast in Metamorphoses! I'm playing Alcyone, who, according to legend, was turned into a bird by the gods after her husband was killed at sea. We had our first read-through last night, which was really exciting. Each actor is playing multiple parts - later in the show I also play Persephone and Pomona, who are pretty cool characters to be assigned for. We're going to be rehearsing for about three hours almost everyday until winter break sets in -- hard work but definitely worth it!
Jamnation! was also big hit. The groups we invited, the Vibes from George Washington University and the Logarythms from MIT were awesome, and so full of energy. Here's a video of us all performing one of our new songs, "Annie Waits" by Ben Folds. I'm the third one from the right, front row. To explain a little about what beatboxing is (which I did not do on this song, but on another) it's basically making sounds to imitate the percussion. (We also refer to it as percing (per-king) in the a capella world). We the news on Saturday that we were accepted into ICCAs, which is kind of like the World Series for a capella groups. MadAve, the all-male a capella group here, was also accepted. In a little while, we'll find our about our performances and I'll be sure to pass the information along.
Smoke Jumping, the show I costumed for, went really well, and I revieved a little blurb of praise from the school newspaper The Acorn for the appropriate and simplistic costumes. Ryan came up to visit, which was great. I took him around to the cast party after, and he seemed to have a blast meeting all my friends and just hanging out.
So that's about it! I'll be home for Thanksgiving a week from today, it will be nice to take a break from all the craziness up here. I can't wait to see you all!
-- Christina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on your role, Christina! Have a good Thanksgiving back home with family and friends!
Gwen
Post a Comment