Thursday, December 18, 2008

winter break!

As you can tell, the business of the holidays and finals quickly took over my life! Sorry to have disappeared for so long, but I've been overwhelmed with work the past few weeks. Happily, the semester wrapped up pretty nicely! I presented my final for my design class, and I'll be sure to post some pictures of my completed work once I receive it back in January. It took me a weekend of three or four hours of sleep a night, but it was on time and I feel confident I did all I could. It was the most challenging class work-wise I've ever had, but I'm happy to report I got an A in the class.

My Advanced Acting "final" went really well, too - after hitting a road block two classes before our final class, I really broke through it with my scene partner and was moved to an advanced activity for the final class session. I have to say, that was my hardest class I've ever taken. It was so emotionally demanding, requiring you to live through so many difficult moments; yet it was also the most rewarding class I've ever had. I'm awaiting an email from my professor to talk about my progress. My theatre history and dance classes went well too; I'll keep you posted on those grades too.

I'm officially on winter break and can't wait to relax at home with my family. I'll be here until January 25 or so, which gives me ample time to learn my lines for Metamorphoses, read some books I've been wanting to catch up on (specifically those on Buddhism my friend Olivia lent me), and work. I'm also heading off to Florida in about a week! We rented a condo from a family friend in the Keys. It'll be a whole lot of family togetherness -- especially since we're driving down. But once we're there, it'll be sunny skies, beaches, and trips to Miami. I definitely cannot complain.

Hope your holidays are wonderful!

-- Christina

No comments: